Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week Four: Sin

Hello friends,

As I promised, here is everything we talked about at Fight Club on Sunday, November 7th. I have included the quotes I shared with you at the beginning, the references to all the Scripture we discussed, and links to all the video clips we watched. And because I just like you that much, I even listed the video links in the order we watched them Sunday. I hope that helps.

Quotes:

"Sin will always take you further than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and require more than you can pay."

"This book (Your Bible) will keep you from sin, or, sin will keep you from this book."

References: Genesis 4:7; 1 Peter 5:8; Romans 5:12; Numbers 32:23; Hebrews 3:13; 1 John 1:8-10
Then, we read through James 1:13-18 before watching the video clips.

Video Clips
Francis Chan on Temptation
Joshua Harris is eaten by beanbag
Mark Driscoll on Christian Sinners
Mark Driscoll on Dead Christians
James MacDonald on Repentance

After we watched these clips we discussed a few more scriptures concerning sin, grace, forgiveness, etc. Here they are: Psalm 119:9-11; 1 John 1:9; Psalm 103:12; Isaiah 38:17; Micah 7:19; Isaiah 1:18

Finally, here is the Scripture from this week that will be added to our memory list:

How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to your Word. With all my heart I have sought you; Do not let me wander from your commandments. Your word have I treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.  - Psalm 119:9-11

1 comment: