Monday, June 20, 2011

Wait, who's the problem?

When we rightly identify the source of our problem, we are on our way to a solution that celebrates the grace of Christ. But we must first acknowledge that the problem is us! It is inside us, deep in the recesses of our hearts. How do you react to this news? Are you shocked? Disappointed? Offended? Angry? It's certainly not what we want to hear. When I am impatient with my parents, the last thing I want to admit is that it is my fault. I want to blame my mom or my dad and justify my sin! But if we don't face our own sins, we will never get to the real solution. We will minimize the redeeming love of the Father, Son, and Spirit, or bypass it completely. This is deadly. There is nothing more serious!

Taken from "How People Change" by Tim Lane and Paul Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment